The mission of the North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals is to promote the education of Hispanic students at all scholastic levels.
The NCSHP has made a major commitment to build its infrastructure to meet the demands of our growing Hispanic community with respect to its dedicated mission.
The primary purposes, for which the North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals has been organized, are educational, namely:
- To enhance the integration and cooperation among Hispanic professionals and concerned individuals in promoting the education of Hispanic students in North Carolina.
- To cooperate with other individuals, enterprises, organizations and other groups whose purposes include the promotion of education among Hispanic students, and the public understanding of the achievements of Hispanic professionals in North Carolina.
- To sponsor multiple outreach educational programs benefiting Hispanic students at the elementary, middle school, high school, community college, and university levels.
- To cooperate with educational authorities in the development, implementation, and improvement of educational and training programs designed to interact directly with Hispanic students at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels.
- To act as a liaison between Hispanic students, their families, and educational and non-educational organizations which award scholarships to low-income students of high academic potential.
- To support local, regional, state, and federal authorities in the resolution of educational issues affecting Hispanic students.
- To gather, write, edit, publish and disseminate materials related to the above purposes in the aforementioned fields.
- To develop, produce, and distribute materials including films, tapes, and printed material designed to enhance the participation of Hispanic professionals in promoting community college and university level education as a realistic and achievable goal among Hispanic youths.
- To organize, promote, and coordinate local and regional conferences designed to promote the purposes herein mentioned.
- To award educational scholarships to graduates of North Carolina high schools or to students that have earned the equivalent of a high school diploma who are of Latino or Hispanic background.
- To do and perform all things usual and customary to organizations of this nature, including affiliation, and/or cooperation with other local, state, regional, and national organizations of like character and purpose.
Acknowledging the under representation of Hispanic youths in higher education, and seeing the need for role models, it is the intent of the NCSHP to develop and secure educational opportunities and financial support to improve Hispanic youth’s success and school performance.
Our Society is committed to doing the best it can to nurture our youth and provide resources to Hispanic students and their families, so that they can succeed in education.
The NCSHP will try a variety of ways to sponsor multiple outreach educational programs benefiting Hispanic youth and to generate enthusiasm among their parents for the hard work that is necessary to succeed academically.
Dear Amigos and Members:
It is an honor and a privilege for me to welcome you to the North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals (NCSHP) website, and to invite you to join us in our mission of “Promoting Education among Hispanic Youth” in North Carolina. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to the NCSHP’s members, sponsors, teachers, school administrators, and friends of the Society for their great support in our endeavors since the foundation of our society in 1999.
The NCSHP will continue to strive to do its best in establishing strong and long-term partnerships with individuals, corporations, and institutions at the state and national level for the benefit of the education and wellbeing of Hispanic children in North Carolina.
The more we educate our Hispanic children and youth the better the future will be for future generations of Hispanics in North Carolina and our contribution to our State will be even greater. Remember, who THEY become tomorrow depends on what WE do today!
Our Hispanic youth will share their dreams with you, and they will make you proud! Join us in helping our youth realize their dreams by promoting the education of Hispanic youth in North Carolina!
Marco A. Zárate