“Mi Éxito… La Universidad” Feria
The Hispanic Education Parent Fair is an initiative of the NCSHP to promote and disseminate information on the benefits of formal and higher education among the Hispanic youth of North Carolina. This event is focused on reaching out to the parents of Hispanic Students in Noh Carolina in order to provide them with the tools and information to help their kids through school and encourage them to pursue higher education.
This initiative is intended to create an event where Hispanic parents can learn about the educational system, higher education and how to become involved in their children’s education. It is important to send the message to stay in school to parents as well as students. Parents are the facilitators and potential driving force behind the motivation of students.
Session topics include:
- How to help your child to read
- School policies (absences, suspensions, etc.)
- Type of Courses in High School and graduation requirements
- Persons available at schools to help your child (counselors, assistant principal, etc.)
- How to set up an e-mail account to have access to your children grades
- After-school activities
- How to read your child grades and GPA
- Gang awareness
DATE: Saturday November 5th, 2016
PLACE: North Carolina Central University
ADDRESS: 1801 Fayetteville Street, Durham, NC
For more information, please visit our program page.