For Students – Scholarships
Educational Scholarships and Financial Aid
Important terms: This financial aid information is provided to you free of charge by NCSHP. Our goal is to provide valuable tools that will help you find the financial assistance you need to successfully complete college. However, please understand that NCSHP does not promise you will receive any award contained on this page. We have made every effort to ensure our financial aid source database is current at the time of release. We do not guarantee that all available sources of financial aid are contained here. Under no circumstances shall, or any affiliated parties be liable or responsible for any problems that may arise due to defects or errors in this website.
Better Business Bureau Torch Scholarships
Who Can Apply: Torch Scholarships are given to college-bound high school juniors, seniors, and college undergraduates who reside or attend school within BBB of Eastern North Carolina’s 33-county service area. Scholarship prizes totaling $14,000 will be awarded. Scholarships are in the amount of $1,000 to $5,000.
Application: High School Students Application; College Students Application
Deadline to Apply: April 3, 2017.
La Noticia Foundation Scholarship
Who Can Apply: High school seniors and college students living in the Raleigh, Cary, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and have been accepted at any college. Scholarships are in the amount of $2,500.
Application: High School Students Application; College Students Application
Deadline to Apply: May 1, 2017.
Scholarship Search Engines
- Scholarship Guide for Hispanic Students
- College Universities – Find unclaimed scholarships that still need to be awarded
- CollegeScholarships.org – Scholarship database that doesn’t have account registration or email information
- College Foundation of North Carolina
- Congressional Hispanic Scholarships
- General Scholarship Search Tool
- Geneseo Migrant Center Scholarship Fund – Geneseo Migrant Center offers scholarships and assistance to migrant students
- GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Fast Aid Scholarship Search
- Finaid: Minority Scholarships
- League of United Latin American Citizens National Educational Service Centers, Inc.
- Maldef Scholarships – Scholarships regardless of immigration status
- North Carolina Community Foundation Scholarships by County
Scholarships for Documented Students
- Me Encanta Scholarship, McDonalds
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships – All minorities, Documented
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund – Need based, Documented
Scholarships and Resources not Based on Documentation
- Adelante Page Screenshots
- DREAMers Roadmap – A compilation of scholarships available for undocumented students. Some scholarships are state-specific but many are open to residents of all states.
- Guide for Undocumented Youth – English Version
- Guide for Undocumented Youth – Spanish Version
- The DREAM Scholarship – For DACA eligible and DACA students
- Tylenol Scholarship – Students interested in healthcare, no US Citizenship required
Need-Based Financial Aid and Loan Programs
- Direct PLUS Loan Program
- Perkins Loan Program
- Stafford Loan Program
- Work-Study Programs
- Robert C. Byrd Scholarship Program
1st Art Gallery Scholarship – Win a $1,000 Scholarship
1st Art Gallery wants to enable art students (all art disciplines) to continue their education. Art students need to submit a piece of art that makes them proud. This can be any type of art submission including (but not limited to) a painting, photograph, statue, song, animation, video, film, illustration, story, poem or any other type of art. This scholarship is available to: High school students graduating this calendar year and have been accepted into a college, university, trade school, or design school and students currently enrolled in a college, university, trade school, or design school.
AmeriQuest Transportation Services Scholarship – Win a $1,000 Scholarship
Students who are studying or are planning to study a technology or business derived major, or a related field or trade, are invited to take part in our $1,000 scholarship essay competition. Whether you know it or not, the transportation industry is suffering from a serious shortage of drivers. This problem has forced the industry to begin reevaluating its practices, hoping to attract a new pool of young, qualified drivers. The topic for this year’s scholarship essay competition is, “What can the transportation industry do to attract a new generation of drivers?” For your essay, take this concept and present your ideas as to how the industry can best market these jobs to young adults and millennials.
Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship – Win a $1,000 College Scholarship
The Groza Learning Center Education Scholarship was created to help students interested in higher education reach their goal of attending college or university. This year, applicants will be asked to explain what ‘redemption’ means to them and how it has played a role in their lives and in their interactions with others. A committee will select a winner by the end of November, 2017. One winner will be selected and receive $1000 towards higher education.
How to Start a Blog Scholarship – Win a $2,500 College Scholarship
Blogging is a great way for students to dive deep into a passion of theirs while gaining marketable skills such as professional writing, web development, and more. The scholarship will be awarded on March 31st, 2017. Applications are accepted year-round. This scholarship is open to high-school seniors attending school in America. To apply: Students should follow the free guides available on HowToStartABlog.com to create a blog about a passion of theirs and on that blog, post a video explaining how they think blogging will impact the future of the digital age and working in America.
Lawntrepreneur Scholarship – Win a $1,000 College Scholarship
The Lawntrepreneur Scholarship is LawnStarter’s way of giving back to the up and coming young entrepreneurs. We are looking for someone that’s caught the entrepreneurial bug and needs a little help funding their dream. Whether you started your own lawn care business in high school or have an idea for a revolutionary new app, tell us what makes you passionate about business. This contest is open to all majors as long as they are an incoming or current full-time student enrolled in a 2-year/ 4-year/ or graduate program and are passionate about entrepreneurship. Students can apply by sending a transcript, resume, and a 500-700 word essay answering the following prompt “What makes them passionate about building a business?” to email@example.com
LeafFilter Gutter Protection Scholarship – Win $500 for Tuition or Books
LeafFilter Gutter Protection is offering their first ever college scholarship. The topics to be explored for this year’s scholarship essay contest are: How do you define success? What traits do you have that will enhance your education or future career? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? All applications must be submitted by July 29th, 2016.
Tobacco-Free Life Academic Scholarship – Quarterly Scholarship, Win $1,000
Tobacco-Free Life offers scholarship awards to the students who best demonstrate their skills in encouraging smokers to break free of their addiction by creating a well-researched and evidence-based paper offering advice to tobacco users. Each quarter, two students will be selected to each receive $1,000 in scholarship funds.
- AgoraPulse Social Media Management Scholarship – This is a $1,000 scholarship for students interested in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, or IT. The deadline to apply is December 15, 2016.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs
- AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students – Accounting, All minorities, Documented
- Lead Roster Scholarship
- On the Gas Scholarship – This scholarship is for students interested in food and beverage & marketing. The deadline to apply is May 15, 2017.
- PickKayaks Internet Marketing Scholarship
- Publicity.ai SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship
- Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- HNBA Legal Education Fund – Awards three 3-year scholarships of $7,500 to deserving Hispanic students studying at an ABA accredited law school. Recipients of the scholarship will receive an annual award of $2,500 to support their study of the law.
Medical School & Other Health-related fields (i.e., Dental, Public Health, Nursing, and Social Work)
- Medical Assistant Programs – Information on Scholarships, education courses, certification, and career guides.
- Medical Billing and Coding – training programs, scholarships and more.
STEM & Related Fields
- E7 Fellowship for Sustainable Energy Development
- Society for Women Engineers Scholarship
- Minority Geoscience Student Scholarship – American Geological Institute, Geoscience, All Minorities, Documented
- The American Institute of Chemical Engineers – Chemical Engineering, All Minorities, Documented
- Hispanics in Science and Engineering – Science and Engineering, Hispanic, Documented
- NACME – Engineering, All Minorities, Documented
- NOAA’s Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship – Biological, social, and physical sciences; mathematics; engineering; computer and information sciences; and teacher education
- HENAAC Scholarships – Hispanic decent, interested in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Turn It On Electric Scholarship Opportunity – Scholarship for engineering, mathematics, construction, and electrical majors
- Wayne V Black Scholarship – Engineering / Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Pre-law, Political Science, Information Technology
- Widespread Scholarship for STEM students
- Women In Technology Scholarship Program – Scholarship for women planning a career in the field of computer science and/or computer programming
Graduate Level Scholarships
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund – Postdoctoral Enrichment Program
- College Scholarships, Graduate Fellowships & Postdoctoral Awards – Hispanic Americans
- Discover Business MBA Scholarship List
Other Scholarship and Grant Resources
- BestMattressReviews.com Sleep Scholarship – $1,000 Scholarship. Must be US Citizen. Deadline: May 19th, 2017
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund – Student Activist, Undocumented
- Diabetes Scholarships – This foundation awards scholarships to students pursuing higher education with Type 1 diabetes
- First Data Western Union Foundation Scholarship
- FlightNetwork Essay Scholarship
- Golden Leaf Scholarship
- Green Home Improvement Scholarship – $1,000 Scholarship. Deadline: December 15th, 2017
- Green Pal Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship – Undergraduate, transfer and graduate student for documented and undocumented students
- Job Application Scholarship – $1,000 Scholarship. Deadline: April 25th, 2017
- Monica’s Health Magazine Scholarship – $2,500 Scholarship. Deadline: August 30th, 2017
- National Hispanic Health Foundation
- Print and Graphics Scholarship – Scholarship is for students pursuing a degree in printing or graphics programs.
- School Tutoring Scholarship – Monthly $500 scholarship for students ages 16 to 22
- The College Foundation of North Carolina
- The Trust Compass Scholarship – $1,000 Scholarship. Deadline: June 25, 2017
- Triangle Community Foundation Scholarships
- VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest
- Wear Action Scholarship – $500 Scholarship. Deadline: February 28th, 2017
The NCSHP is always looking for new resources and opportunities to offer to students. Please contact us with any resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.